What's Shakin' Bacon?



Why is your fireplace on in the middle of May? Yesterday we had an unexpected snow storm and the temps have been miserable ever since. 😕

What movie are you watching at this moment? The Pajama Game, starring Doris Day. 😊

Who is watching the movie with you? Darcie Doll

What was the highlight of your day? Going out for lunch with my 4 kiddos. We wanted to support the youth council's hamburger stand. It's Black and White Days this week (which could explain the weather! 😉).

What is Black and White Days? It's an annual community event, which started as a Holstein show back in 1912. There's Little Miss pageant winners, a parade, a horse pull, a cow-a-bunga race, cattle show, etc. all week long.

Sounds fun! What else is happening at the moment? Let's see- David's in Toronto and will be back tomorrow night. He's traveling for work a lot these days. The kids and I have been busy decluttering our house. It feels so good to simplify our lives.

How's homeschooling going? Thanks for asking! This has been a great school year and I love homeschooling more than ever. 💙 Marcus and I are winding down the year, finishing up some math, our state history unit, and Peter Pan. We've also been having poetry tea time, and that's been a lot of fun.

Don't you have a trip coming up? Yes! The boys and I are going on a Super trip! That's what Liahona calls their summer trips. This one is a history trip to New York City, Philadelphia and Boston. We're going to see Wicked and another Broadway show, tour Ellis Island, visit two LDS temples, visit the Franklin Institute of Science, see the Liberty Bell, George Washington's house, explore Lexington and Concord, Bunker Hill, the U.S.S. Constitution and walk the Freedom Trail. 😎

That sounds amazing! Do you have any other trips planned this summer? So far, only to Tuacahn in June. We're seeing two plays there with the Madsen family (David's mom and his siblings and their families)- Shrek and Newsies. But, I've told David I want to do some camping this summer. We haven't camped as a family in years.

What books are you reading at the moment? I'm reading Peter Pan with Marcus as I mentioned earlier, and we're also reading a story that takes place during the American Revolution. I'm reading a travel book a dear friend sent me, called, Empire Antarctica  Ice, Silence & Emperor Penguins, by Gavin Francis. I'm really enjoying it, but I'm a slow reader!

Any final thoughts for this post? If you're reading this, thank you so much for visiting this poorly neglected blog! 😅 Let me know your summer plans. I'd love to hear them.



Popular posts from this blog

Taking a Break

5 Things We Want Our Non-Homeschooling Family and Friends to Know

Welcome 2017!