I Just Feel Like Blogging!

I'm so happy it's Spring! I'm loving having all of my college kids home. I adore my new Primary calling. Six years, people! That's how long I've been out of Primary. Until now. I am so thankful to a loving Father in Heaven for this calling. He answers prayers! I have missed Primary so much. I was in heaven on Sunday at church. I even braved bearing my testimony. Why do I always weep when I do so? Sigh. My three college kids, Zach, Darcie and Marissa are attending a singles ward. I miss having them sit by us in Sacrament meeting, but I'm glad there are singles wards. I think it's good for them, and how fun that they can attend church together!


Besides what I've already mentioned, I am grateful for...

The beautiful weather we're having. The green grass. Cows mooing across the street. This country setting and the lovely valley we call home. My Sony camera! I love taking pictures, even though I'm still pretty amateurish. I can't get enough of the mountains here. If I can't have the ocean, the mountains are the next best thing. Maybe they are a tie? Honestly, I really enjoy living here. I am such a country girl at heart. I like barns. They just make me happy!

I really like the Church's #PRINCE of PEACE campaign. Last night we had our family home evening and we watched several of the videos and discussed the eight principles- Faith, Hope, God's Word, Compassion, Gratitude, Repentance, Forgiveness and Prayer. We each chose a principle to practice this week and we wrote it down in our journals. I chose compassion. We also reviewed the timeline of Holy Week (scroll down on the link above to find it).

I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. I'm thankful for my testimony. I love being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It's just a feel-amazing thing! I can't imagine my life without the gospel or my membership in Christ's church. I know it's true with all my heart.


I am thankful for my amazing husband and for our forever family. I love being a wife and mother! I'm so glad that we were sealed in the temple, for time and eternity. I love the temple! I went to the Laie Hawaii temple last month when we were visiting Oahu to celebrate our 25th anniversary. Such a pretty temple. I was there with my lovely mother-in-law, LaWona, and three of her dearest friends. Such a sweet group of friends. I want a group of friends like that someday! I actually have some awesome friends. I am especially grateful at this time of my life for homeschool friends. I have become friends with another homeschool mom here in my neighborhood. We are each the homeschool novelty in our wards (the only ones homeschooling in our church congregations). I think it's fun to stand out! I'm pretty sure fellow ward members think I'm nuts, but homeschooling is such a blessing in my life. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I also have two fantastic homeschool friends in the blogging world. I get to meet one in September!

If you read this, thank you! I don't get many visitors to this blog, so thank you, thank you! Please leave me a comment to let me know you were here and I'd love to visit your blog.

💚 Happy Spring and Happy Easter on Sunday. 💚


 

Popular posts from this blog

Taking a Break

Welcome 2017!