It's Almost Here!


It's almost here! The start of a new homeschool year. I am so excited! If you'd like to read my planning post and more about our chosen scripture verse (above) and our inspiration word, please visit my Happy Heart's blog.

I'm not rushing time, however. I'm enjoying every last summer day I have with Marissa and Darcie (and the times we get to see Zach) before September comes and we move Marissa to her college apartment. I am so proud of my three college kids. They are so grown up! It's exciting to see them reach for their dreams. I love being a mom!

But I am looking forward to Marcus' eighth grade year. I'm excited for him to have another amazing year with Liahona Academy and I'm happy to have one more year to teach him English myself (we are going to start Shakespeare!). I have an awesome state history unit planned for us, as well. I'm even ready to go back to the Arizona desert, especially because we have established ourselves there and it's just as much our home as Utah. And I miss my wonderful husband!

Life is GOOD! Do you know, we are all children of God? Do you know, our Heavenly Father loves us more than we can imagine? I have such a strong testimony of this truth. I am so thankful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know it's our Savior's church here on earth, containing the fullness of the Gospel. I feel blessed to know that, at this moment, all of my children are living righteously. Are they perfect? Of course not. Still, they reflect the light of Christ by the way they live their lives. They are making good life choices on their own. That is truly a blessing to this mom.

We've been watching the Olympics. So far, USA has taken 5 medals (day 1). Way to go, USA! (I know that was random!) As Darcie pointed out, the Olympics are the only time we keep our TV on all day.

If you read this, thank you for taking the time to stop by and visit. I hope you have a beautiful Sabbath Day (or whatever day you read this).

Popular posts from this blog

Taking a Break

Welcome 2017!

I Just Feel Like Blogging!