Blissful Monday

Our Happy Heart's scripture verse from last week.
These scripture verses are related to two General Conference talks: My Soul Delighteth in the Scriptures and Choices. For f.h.e. (family home evening) this week, the kids and I (David is away on a business trip) will be listening to both talks and marking these verses in our scriptures.

Our Happy Heart's scripture verse for this week.

We are down to our last two weeks of Liahona classes and the last two weeks of Marissa's senior year. Marcus' 7th grade year will officially end when he and I have reached the end of his current math lessons and read-alouds, so his year will extend into May and possibly June. Currently, he is learning both Algebra 1 and Geometry. I think we will enroll him in Liahona's Algebra 2 class for this fall and go from there. I'm glad I've taught him math thus far as it has strengthened my own math skills immensely. One of the blessings for homeschooling moms is learning and re-learning along side their children. :)

Marissa's lovely art work for English.

And, currently Marcus and I are reading the following books together: The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey, by Trenton Lee Stewart, which is the second novel in the series, and, The Swiss Family Robinson, by Johann David Wyss. With Marissa (as in the three of us together), we are reading, The Secret Garden, by Frances Hodgson Burnett, which is special because it was one of our first read-alouds that we did together the first year that I homeschooled both Marissa and Marcus, after pulling both out of public school in Canada. Also, Marissa and I are reading, Little Women, by Louisa May Alcott. I know that seems like a lot of read-alouds at once, but we love our read-alouds and try to make time for at least two of them every day.

Up-close look at three of Marissa's bubbles. Each bubble features a different fairy tale or a fairy tale saying.

I'm starting to plan Marcus' next homeschool year. I want to create our own geography unit and an astronomy unit. I also want to add in more poetry and essay writing. Besides a Liahona math class, I'm planning to re-enroll Marcus in history and science. We've been told that Brother DeGraff will be teaching again next year. Hooray! We both LOVE his history classes. If you want to know how Liahona Academy works, ask away!

Another set of bubbles.

We are counting down the days to our Disney World family vacation with my brother and his family. Only 18 days to go! :) I want to thank any visitors for taking the time to read this post.

Popular posts from this blog

Taking a Break

Welcome 2017!

I Just Feel Like Blogging!