Reflecting on 2015

2015 was a fantastic year for our family. Here are the highlights:

Marcus cheering our last day in Peru.
Marissa, Marcus and I spent part of that day at Parque Kennedy.
At the end of February, David, Marissa, Marcus and I moved back to Utah from Lima, Peru.

In Greece.
To celebrate our twenty-third anniversary, David took me on European cruise in mid March. We spent a few days before the cruise in Rome, Italy and a few days after the cruise in Venice, Italy. We also visited Naples, Italy and parts of Greece and Turkey. This was my first visit to Europe and it was a dream come true.

Darcie and Marissa with Grandma at the veteran's memorial. 
We spent Memorial weekend with David's mom, LaWona. She is a wonderful mother, mother-in-law and grandmother. We love to visit her and spend time with her. She has gone on several vacations with us, too.

Just after we saw Phantom of the Opera.
In June, Darcie, Marissa, Marcus and I participated in a Liahona "super trip" with other Liahona families. We spent a week in New York City and saw local attractions, plus five Broadway shows. It was so much fun!

At Willow zoo with their cousins.
In July we had the pleasure of taking care of my sister's four children for ten days. That was a special time for me because the youngest called me, "mama" the whole time and let me rock and cuddle her. I miss having little ones in my home, but I have learned to love having teenagers and adult children. They will always be my babies no matter how old they get.

Marcus and Marissa at the Sonora Desert Museum
In August, Marissa, Marcus and I moved to Arizona to join David there. We moved into a nice three bedroom apartment in Oro Valley. One of our first family outings was to a desert museum. We enjoyed it so much we got a year pass.

Our Halloween scene for trunk or treat
We participated in our ward's trunk or treat, which was a lot of fun. Everyone enjoyed the Halloween music we played from our car speakers, too. This was our first ward activity here. We have a great ward and we're starting to make friends. David and I are ward missionaries together, which is fun. I love serving in the Church and helping to build up God's kingdom here on earth.

Thanksgiving Day with David's awesome family.

Our Thanksgiving was very memorable. We hosted all of David's family in our Utah home and every member, except for one young couple made it. We were able to get a family picture taken. Everyone was laughing and enjoying each other's company.

Our family enjoyed a yummy dinner at The Roof.

All of the month of December was fantastic. We were together often as a family. We spent one weekend in Salt Lake City at Temple Square and City Creek Center. We spent another day skiing for the first time ever. It was great to be with my two college kids. We also had two special days with my brother, Clint, and his family. That was very special to me. It was so nice to have them visit us and made up for not being allowed to host my side of the family's Christmas party. With the boundaries I put in place, I enjoyed the Christmas season without the anxiety and stress caused by difficult relationships. Instead, I surrounded myself with family and friends who love and accept me just as I am. It was a peaceful and joy-filled Christmas.

And now, it's a new year, full of promise and hope. We are back in Arizona, cozy in our apartment. I have made some resolutions which I know will help me keep the joy in my life. I feel truly blessed at this time to have such a wonderful husband and four amazing children, to know we are all living the gospel and making righteous choices in our lives. It's just a good feeling to know we're all on the same path and it's a good path.

Popular posts from this blog

Taking a Break

Welcome 2017!

I Just Feel Like Blogging!