Sunday Thoughts


I loved this General Conference weekend! It was just the spiritual nourishment I needed. I loved hearing from our prophet, Thomas S. Monson. He truly lives a Christ-centered life and is an example of the believers. 


President Monson said: 
"The words we use can lift and inspire, or they can harm and demean."
Our words truly do have the power to build another up or tear another down. I've been thinking about my grandma today. She had this way of overlooking others' faults and complimenting their positive traits. She was a lovely example to me of speaking of others as our Savior would. Thank you, Grandma. I am trying to be more like her which is why I wrote a heartfelt letter just last week to a person in my life who has exchanged hurtful words back and forth with me for a few years now. This breaks my heart and I want it to stop. My letter wasn't received well, but I feel good about my resolve to no longer participate in any conversation with this person that will wound or offend either one of us. Now all I can do is trust in my Heavenly Father that in time, this person will have a change of heart. In the meantime, I am surrounding myself with those in my life who always speak to me in loving, encouraging ways, such as my husband, my children and my amazing friends, who are always there for me, lifting me up with their considerate, kind words.

Popular posts from this blog

Taking a Break

Welcome 2017!

I Just Feel Like Blogging!