Blissful Monday


Our Happy Heart's scripture verse for this week. This verse comes from The Book of Mormon.
If you've never read this beautiful book of scripture, I encourage you to do so. It is another testament of our Savior, Jesus Christ, taken from records of the people who lived in the ancient Americas.

Our F.H.E. lesson will be given by Marissa-Mouse. She needs to complete a Personal Progress goal. She is getting closer to earning her Young Womanhood medallion. I'm not sure yet what her lesson
will be about.

I don't have our week's menu planned out yet, and to be honest, I didn't stick to the menu plans of the last two weeks. It was really hit and miss. Sometimes we have enough left overs for a second meal, which is nice, although David never seems to be in the mood to eat the same dinner twice in a row. I do think I'll be making my taco soup, which is a family favorite. Here is my recipe:

In the crockpot, brown one pound of ground beef, turkey or chicken on high for 1-2 hours (or brown in a frying pan on stove). Add taco seasoning packet.
Once the meat is cooked through, add the following ingredients and let simmer on low for 3 hours;
1-2 cans of tomato soup (15 oz.)
1 box of specialty soup, such as butternut squash
1 can of black beans (do not drain)
1 can of pinto or white beans (do not drain)

That's it! Serve over Frito chips and top with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of shredded cheese. Serves 4-6.

Popular posts from this blog

Taking a Break

Welcome 2017!

I Just Feel Like Blogging!