September Blessings (Day 13)



Another beautiful Sabbath Day and another opportunity taken to go to church as a family and partake of the sacrament, thus renewing our baptismal covenants and reflecting on our Savior's love for us. I find joy in watching my 12-year old son pass the sacrament bread and water, fulfilling one of his responsibilities as a Deacon. He looks so smart in his suit and tie. He told me today that passing the sacrament is his favorite part of church. I think the sacrament means a little more to him now. 
I know it does to me. 

John 6:35 reads: "And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst."

One of the sweetest feelings I've come to recognize is my worthiness to partake of the sacrament. When I am worthy of the sacrament, it means I am still on the right path, still holding tight to 
the iron rod, still true to the covenants I made with my Heavenly Father at baptism.

And I am at peace.

Popular posts from this blog

Taking a Break

Welcome 2017!

I Just Feel Like Blogging!