September Blessings (Day 12)


What do you imagine lies beyond this peek-a-boo view?

A mystical fairy realm?

A hidden pot of leprechaun gold?

A little girl's secret garden?

We can only guess what actually lies beyond until we journey beyond and see for ourselves.

Even then we may still not be able to see what's really there.

Unless we linger long enough, stilling our thoughts, patiently listening and observing.

I think we sometimes do this to each other.

We form a first impression based only on a glimpse.

But a glimpse is not much. 

What if we took the time to really get to know the other person?

What if we held back on any judgments,

And what if, as they share their story with us, we chose to only allow

love for them to flow through our hearts and minds?

What a blessing that would be!

To only feel compassion for each other,

To remember that we are all children of God and we are all experiencing life together.

For the most part, my husband and children and I are that way with each other.

I hope we always will be.

I think the key is that we are free to be ourselves with each other, imperfections and all.

We choose to love, support, and forgive, instead of finding fault.

Maybe someday another family I love will do that for me.

It's a dream I hold onto, but even if that never happens,

I still have my own little family, standing beside me and I know,

They will always be there for me.

Popular posts from this blog

Taking a Break

Welcome 2017!

I Just Feel Like Blogging!