A New Happy Hearts Year

It's August and that means the neighborhood kids are getting ready to go back to school. They're shopping with their moms for fall clothes and new school supplies. We are also preparing for a new Happy Hearts Homeschool year and we will be living in a new place! We're moving to Arizona in just a couple of weeks. 

Marissa will be a senior this year. She will have her usual four online courses through the awesome Liahona Academy- English, science, history and math. Her classes are 45 minutes, except for math which is closer to 30 minutes. She will watch her classes live (with the option to watch them anytime of her choosing). She will study a few other subjects either online or through private classes as we schedule them, in order to get the rest of her credits for a high school diploma. She will also take her last year of Seminary online.

Marcus will be a seventh-grader. He will have two online classes through Liahona- history and science. I will teach him English, math, art, music and anything else we decide to tackle together. I am excited for this upcoming homeschool year. Darcie has helped me line up some great literature for Marcus and I to read together. I'll post about our curriculum in a later post.

We are in full moving mode here. There are things to do even though this will be simple compared to some of our other moves. We are moving into a fully furnished apartment so all we're taking with us are clothes, homeschool books and supplies, and some other things to make us feel more at home. I'm looking forward to the simplicity that this kind of living arrangement gives us.

I took some pictures of the views around our home here in Utah yesterday evening. I love our views here and will miss them I'm sure. But I'll have them to look forward to! I love living in the countryside. I am a country girl at heart.





Popular posts from this blog

Taking a Break

Welcome 2017!

I Just Feel Like Blogging!