Sunday Thoughts



Today I've been pondering the blessings of Relief Society in my life. For those of you who are unfamiliar with Relief Society, it is the women's organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. All women who are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints belong to Relief Society. The purposes of Relief Society are to "increase faith and personal righteousness, strengthen families and homes, and provide relief by seeking out and helping those in need".

Relief Society has blessed my life in many ways, but I am going to focus on three, in no particular order~

1. Relief Society not only supports me as a wife and mother, but celebrates these vital roles of marriage and family. In a world where women are devalued and diminished as wives and mothers, it's comforting to know there is a worldwide sisterhood (Relief Society) dedicated to encouraging and mentoring women in the home.

2. Relief Society builds me up as a daughter of God and helps me to cultivate my faith in my Savior, Jesus Christ.

3. Relief Society gives me opportunities to serve others. When I serve another, I am a happier, more confident person. Through selfless service, I learn to truly appreciate the blessings my Heavenly Father has bestowed upon me.


Popular posts from this blog

Taking a Break

Welcome 2017!

I Just Feel Like Blogging!