Sunday Thoughts- Prayer

 
Prayer is our communication-line directly to our Father in Heaven. We have been counseled to pray often. Not only should we pray individually, but also as families. In my family we started a new practice last year: before our nightly family prayer, we ask each member of the family if they know of anyone who needs our prayers.


President Ezra Taft Benson remembered this poem he learned when he was a boy:
I know not by what methods rare,
But this I know, God answers prayer.
I know that He has given His Word,
Which tells me prayer is always heard,
And will be answered, soon or late.
And so I pray and calmly wait.
I know not if the blessing sought
Will come in just the way I thought;
But leave my prayers with Him alone,
Whose will is wiser than my own,
Assured that He will grant my quest,
Or send some answer far more blest.
                          

Ask, and it shall be given unto you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
 For every one that asketh, receiveth; and he that seeketh, findeth; and to him that knocketh, it shall be opened.  (3 Nephi 14:7-8)
 
Pray always, and I will pour out my Spirit upon you, and great shall be your blessing—yea, even more than if you should obtain treasures of earth and corruptibleness to the extent thereof. 
(D&C 19:38)

 

Popular posts from this blog

Taking a Break

Welcome 2017!

I Just Feel Like Blogging!