Happy Thanksgiving!

Of course I am thankful for my family and friends, but living in Peru has taught me to be extra appreciative of other blessings, such as-

*Hot water whenever I need or want it. I end up boiling water often to wash dishes here, and there is no guarantee of a hot shower every day.

*Clean, safe-to-drink tap water. We have to drink bottled water here.

*Automatic dishwashers.

*Milk in jugs and finding an endless supply of milk in jugs in every and any store all the time.

*More than 3 choices of cold cereal or bread or soda or you name it.

*Brown sugar and chocolate chips! Two essentials that every American family stocks up on and covets while living here in Peru.

*Hopping into my car and driving whenever I want, to wherever I want. I take a lot of taxis here and most of the drivers only speak Spanish.

*My modern and comfortable house situated in a beautiful country setting. Here I'm in a big dirty city in someone else's apartment.

And most importantly-

*Enjoying a traditional turkey dinner complete with stuffing, green bean casserole and pumpkin pies, thanks to smuggling in our suitcases, canned pumpkin, cream of mushroom soup, French fried onions and Stove Top stuffing.

*Spending Thanksgiving with my amazing husband and our 2 youngest children, and knowing our 2 oldest are safe and happy at their grandma's house in Utah.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends and family.

Popular posts from this blog

Taking a Break

Welcome 2017!

I Just Feel Like Blogging!