Sunday Thoughts

For those of you who know me, you know how much I love the Primary organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, which is a program for children ages 18 months to 12 years. So, you'll understand why I'm thrilled to be serving again in Primary, even if it's only for a short time since I'll be moving back to Peru in mid-November. I'm a temporary team-teacher to the Valiant 9 class in my ward (congregation).

The Primary theme this month is: “The Family: A Proclamation to the World” Came from God to Help My Family. You can read more about this theme, HERE.

The Family: A Proclamation to the World is an official declaration given to the world by the First Presidency and Council of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Today in Sharing Time (part of Primary where all the children enjoy a lesson together, taught by a member of the Primary presidency), a beautiful lesson was given about marriage. God ordained marriage to be between one man and one woman. ¶And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. (Genesis 2:18). So, God created woman. Adam and Eve were the first parents and together they created the first family here on earth. They obeyed God's commandment to "multiply and replenish the earth" (Genesis 1:28). 

The traditional family is under attack today, but I know that God intended for marriage to only be between one man and one woman and I know families are the center of His plan. I am so thankful to my amazing husband and our four incredible children. I am so blessed to be a wife and mother. I can't imagine my life without them. I am thankful to God for His plan of happiness and that He provides a way for couples and families to live together forever. It's a beautiful plan.
 


Popular posts from this blog

Taking a Break

Welcome 2017!

I Just Feel Like Blogging!