September 1, 2014

Elder Madsen will soon be home!
 
Haha. Elder Call would say I'm counting down, I would say I'm just aware of the time I have left. No point in letting it sneak up on me.. and I cant' change it. I prayed about extending.. did I tell you that?

It is flying by though.. I can't believe it sometimes. I don't know what's happened to this last week, and holy smokes it's now September! I cant believe it.. I'm still not believing it.

I'm doing really good. Really good. The week was good. We had this crazy night on Thursday. We did the Glenwood Ice Cream Challenge. Which is to eat 600 Grams of ice cream as fast as you can. Elder Call now holds the record, at 3 minutes and 46 seconds. I was a little longer, at 7 minutes and 23 seconds. A little slower, but not bad. Elder Call hasn't been able to eat ice cream since... haha. We got shirts out of it though. So, totally worth it. 

I was out with the YSA branch president last night, just making some visits to a few of the guys we haven't seen in a little while, and then to one of the YSA girls that we've been working with. It was a really good night. I'm gonna miss doing this so much.. going in.. talking, getting to know people, sharing thoughts wtih them, testifying of the truth... It'll be so different when I'm home.. I'm excited, don't get me wrong. Excited to move on and see where I end up and what I can do, but I'm gonna miss this so much. It's the best. 

This week is gonna be good, we already have a ton planned, and I think with some changes that are coming off, I'm gonna finish up what I'm suppose too and then I'll leave. 

I was really struck this week by how much I've come to love the scriptures... they're awesome! And I think nothing we can do will invite the spirit into our lives better than reading the scriptures... My day's are off until I get some reading in. I've started reading a lot more during church too, during the quiet moments when not much is happening. But I was really impressed with a scripture I was led to this week. It's 2 Timothy 3:15. It's so true, the scriptures really are what lead us to Salvation, they have everything we need in them, and with them we're so much better off. It's the best. The best thing ever! read the scriptures! 

I love you guys.. I can't believe we've made it this far. It went by way too quickly!

Have a good week! Don't get trunky ;) ! 

Love,
Elder Madsen

Popular posts from this blog

Taking a Break

Welcome 2017!

I Just Feel Like Blogging!