Becoming Perfect in Christ

Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God.  (Moroni 10:32)


I love this article on lds.org about becoming perfect in Christ. Here is some of the council that stood out to me-

"The Savior’s freely given atoning love helps us become more forgiving and less judgmental of others and of ourselves. This love heals our relationships and gives us opportunities to love, understand, and serve as our Savior would."

"Fully accepting our Savior’s Atonement can increase our faith and give us courage to let go of constraining expectations that we are somehow required to be or to make things perfect. Black-and-white thinking says everything is either absolutely perfect or hopelessly flawed. But we can gratefully accept, as God’s sons and daughters, that we are His greatest handiwork, even though we are still a work in progress."

"Faith acknowledges that, through repentance and the power of the Atonement, weakness can be made strong and repented sins can truly be forgiven."

Sometimes it's easy to beat ourselves up for mistakes we've made, but that isn't being fair to ourselves. We are still worthy of our Heavenly Father's love because "we are His greatest handiwork", even with all of our flaws.

How grateful I am for my faith in my Savior's Atonement. I have faith that, through Him, I can repent and receive forgiveness for mistakes I've made, as well as forgive those who have hurt me, and work on my weaknesses so that I can become more like my Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ, who is perfect.

Popular posts from this blog

Taking a Break

Welcome 2017!

I Just Feel Like Blogging!