August 25, 2014

Hey Mom,

I know what you mean about time. It's weird out here. Sometimes, I feel like I could just do this forever, and just keep it up and keep going strong, and other times, I feel like I should have been done ages ago. It's weird. I don't know what to feel about it most of the time. It's nice to be busy though, and when I'm busy enough I just don't have time to think about it, ya know? I think that's probably one of the things I really enjoy the most about the mission, is just that we don't really have all that much time to think about ourselves.. it's all about others. Helping them learn and grow and become better and more stable. I think it's a really sweet opportunity. 

This week was pretty good. Last P-Day we went to the driving range and hit some balls. One of the members of the Temple Presidency was there and he gave us a few pointers. We needed all the help we could get. It was fun though. And then we went over and got shakes and I ended up talking to the owner of the pizza shop for 2 hours. He's a really cool guy. He's got a kid on a mission over in Sweden, I think, and he's had a few similar experiences that I've had with companions. Patrick is pretty cool though. People are definitely what I'll miss the most from the mission. That and the opportunity to just help people, and to make a difference in their life. 

So P-day was cool. Unfortunately it was our only day of sunshine the whole week haha. The rest of the week it has rained. So, just like your two yard workers, I've been covered in mud and soaking wet most of the days here. It's been fun though. I've enjoyed it, though, often times I have to stop by the apartment and change socks. Too many holes in my shoes! :P I love it though. It's been awesome to just be out and looking for every opportunity. 

This week was a little more stressful. Just some problems we've had to try and deal with between a couple of companionships, but nothing major, and hopefully it's all past. But, we did have zone conference this week, and we were all able to go through the temple. 3 zones went through, it was an entire session of just missionaries. It was incredible. I loved it. Probably one of the coolest sessions I've ever been through. And the Cardston Temple is beautiful. I think you'd really like it. 

Good stuff, it's been fun. We went to that pizza shop, and they let us make our own pizzas. Haha, it was so much fun. We got to experiment and try new stuff. I used alfredo sauce instead of marina. It was pretty good, and they were all chicken pizzas. Good stuff honestly. It was pretty great. I'll send some pics.

Love you Mom! 
Elder Madsen
 


 

Popular posts from this blog

Taking a Break

Welcome 2017!

I Just Feel Like Blogging!