June 30, 2014

Hey Mom,
That's pretty funny that dad fell asleep while reading his scriptures. That's happened to me a few times. I fell asleep praying the other day. It was during my study time, and I had decided to get up and go kneel and pray about something I had been studying, and then 20 minutes later I woke up, still kneeling next to my bed. My knees only a  little stiff. Luckily, that hasn't happened to me too much. I still think that the first thing I want to do when I get home is sleep for the first 2 weeks straight. Begin to catch up on all that I feel that I'm missing out here.
 
This week we had some fun stuff happen. We went and taught a less-active, Frankie, and as always, he had someone new for us to teach. So we taught her and set up another lesson, sadly that never actually happened. I think she went to Calgary to get her daughter. But a few days after that I went back to teach Frankie again, with Elder Dax, as we were on exchanges, and Frankie was high! He'd been sniffing, which is a huge problem out here. But he still wanted a lesson, so we challenged him to stop sniffing. It's been a tough week for him though.. We visited again and he wasn't doing too well. It was sad to see really. So many of them get caught in these addictions, and they just lose their desire to fight it and it's really hard to get them going again. I'm afraid that we might be at that point with Jonathan, but we're still trying. His wife told us that she was interested in being taught, hopefully she meant it.
 
We also had interviews this week. They were good. I always feel like mine are really quick. But maybe I just feel that way. It was good though. President advised me to just focus on the day to day things and to always ask myself what I need to do today to invite someone to Christ. So I'm going to be asking myself that more often throughout the day. President said that should help stay focused and that should help to remind those around me that I want to be focused. So, we'll see how that goes. 
Elder Call is doing great. He had a really funny experience at a pizza place the other day, but he said I can't tell you about it. I guess you'll have to wait a little bit for that story. It was really funny though. So. Remind me, eventually.
 
So did you actually make it to bed before 10? We need to get better about that. We just have so much to do when we get home, I hardly feel like we get time to slow down from the rest of the day. But it's good. Secretly I enjoy it all quite a bit.  Don't tell anyone.
Anywho. That's all that's going on here. Not much, but I'm excited for Canada day. A lot of fun stuff will be going on!
 
HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!
 
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!!!!

YEAH!!!
 
Elder Madsen

 

Popular posts from this blog

Taking a Break

Welcome 2017!

I Just Feel Like Blogging!