June 2, 2014

Hey Mom!

I'm doing great! It's been a pretty great week. We had the coolest thing ever happen on Wednesday. My companion and I were at the family history center printing off some papers that we needed, and we were in a rush to get out to Glenwood to help with a move and have dinner, but on the way this guy waved at Elder Call, and Elder Call had the impression to go say hi to him. So I got in the truck to back it out so we could take off. Well, the second I put the key in and got ready to turn it the spirit was like, "You need to get out there and talk to this guy." Well after a split second of wondering if I could be impatient, I decided to heed the spirit, so I got back out of the truck and went over to my companion and this guy, and he had us pull a couple of chairs up. And then we just started talking. He told us that he felt he needed to talk to someone and we appeared out of nowhere. Then he found out we were with a church and he was like "Well, can I be baptized? What do I need to do to get baptized?" So we talked with him and then he accepted a date in June to be baptized, on the 14th, actually! It was crazy. His name is Jonathan. We just barely saw him again and we're meeting with him  again tomorrow. CRAZY! Miracles are happening in this zone. It's awesome.

We also had zone conference, and we talked a lot about pride, and it opened my eyes to the many different ways that pride can sneak into our lives and into who we are. So I'm really working on that, and being less prideful. It was a  really good zone conference, and I really learned a lot from it. It was nice to be there. I'm going to miss meetings like that.

We also went branding again this week. This time was pretty crazy because I did more of the actual branding, and they also let us do the castration. Which was weird. Wrong almost. But it was a good experience. I also jumped on a bunch of the bigger calves and we'd ride them around. That was fun. I might go into bull-riding now. Instead of being a tico driver. Though, I feel the way traffic is in Arequipa, bull riding would probably be safer, eh?  My knee is pretty multicolored right now. Those calves can kick. And one kicked me like 3 times in 10 seconds. So I kicked it back. Then it kicked me again. Then I shoved it into the chute and it got branded. Really, I think I came out on the better end of the deal. The guys were branding with said they'd hire me to come back and brand over the summer haha. I think it'd be a lot of fun. Who knows though... Something to think about...
The rest of the week has been good. Lots of moves, surprisingly. I didn't realize so many people moved into these tiny towns. We also move a ton of people into the old folks homes. I wondered today what happened to make the room vacant. Plan of life? o.O  But I'm excited. I really hope I don't get transferred this month. I really want to stay here at least one more. I love it here.

So pray for that. Please :P

Actually, just pray that whatever happens happens. But also that I stay.

Love you :)

Elder Madsen
 

 
 


Popular posts from this blog

Taking a Break

Welcome 2017!

I Just Feel Like Blogging!