March 3, 2014

Zach's latest news out in the mission field. Please email/write to him if you haven't in a while. 

Dear Mom,

Well. The craziest thing ever happened yesterday. Super crazy. Like, my whole life is now different crazy.

But, before I get to that I'll give you a brief update as to the rest of the week, before the crazy happened. Because, let me tell  you, it was crazy. 

Our week was good. Not a whole lot happened, but we had a great lesson with Renee on Thursday and she agreed to let us start teaching her again and we basically just talked about the gift of the Holy Ghost and the influence it has on our lives and then getting baptized. There is no doubt in my mind that she will get baptized; it will just be a matter of when. The coolest thing about that lesson though, was her 11 year old son was taking a huge role in teaching her and kept inviting her to be baptized. It was great. It was a wonderful lesson.

Besides that, not much was out of the ordinary in High River. Service... worked with less actives. The norm. I went on an exchange with Elder Kemp, and we were able to do quite a bit of teaching. It was good.

Well. Sunday, after church, President calls me up and talks about the area, and we're telling him how great things are and how much we love it. And then he says he's really sorry about what he has to do, but he needed a missionary to go serve in Cardston, because another missionary went home early, and he wanted and felt I needed to be the one to go down. So, I had a few hours to say goodbye to families, and then a couple hours to pack, and then this morning, super early I was picked up by the assistants and driven to Cardston and my new companion and area.

I'm now serving in the Cardston East Stake. With Elder Short as my companion. He's been out as long as I have, we came out together, so that is pretty cool. It's my first time serving around a missionary from my transfer, so I'm excited for that. we have 16 missionaries in the zone, including Elder Halford.

Crazy eh?

I told you.

I'm still in shock. I don't know when I'll recover.

Love,


Elder Madsen

Popular posts from this blog

Taking a Break

Welcome 2017!

I Just Feel Like Blogging!