December 31, 2013

Elder Madsen's last weekly email of 2013:


Hey Mom!

It's funny. I really don't know what exactly to write this week. I always have that problem after the calls home. But I can't complain. That call was exactly what I needed. It was great. It was awesome to see you guys and just to talk to all of you and make fun of Darcie, and tease Marissa, and to know Marcus is just as goofy now as when I left. Though, I still can't quite believe he's eating all these new foods. I mean, toast? Seriously? I'm still in shock.
It was great though. Honestly. It was the best part of my week. And the best part of Christmas. I miss you guys. Only 1 more call though. Crazy, eh?
The rest of my day and week was highly uneventful. Nothing happened. Until Sunday. When Elder Owen and I got in a fight. And that was stressful. But we worked it out. Which really means, he's gone and I'm staying. So. We're good. I think we'll be able to part ways as friends. So, I guess there's not much more to complain about there.
There's also going to be 4 sets of missionaries put into High River. So that'll really change things and it'll be different working so closely with another set of missionaries. I just hope they're good solid elders, and I think if we can figure out a game plan then we can really see things happen here. I hope so.
I know it can.
I'm just really happy I get to stay here. I'm really really pleased about that. It's what I wanted. I hope I can do what I think needs to happen here.
So. Not much else has happened. It's been pretty quiet. Which I think has been good. I'm ready for the change though. Change is good. Change is awesome. Change is welcome and relieving this time around.
So Amara had her baby eh? I'm going to call their kid, Faith. That's what her middle name means after all. Everything went well then? Has Megan had hers yet? Any word? I guess you don't hear, ha ha. At least we have that in common, eh?
I'm ready for a new year. You? Any new years resolutions?
I love you mom! I'm gonna chat now. Ha ha.
Love
Elder Madsen

Popular posts from this blog

Taking a Break

Welcome 2017!

I Just Feel Like Blogging!