Should Schools Teach Sex Ed?

In a perfect world, all parents would take responsibility for teaching such an important subject to their children instead of leaving it up to the government.  I personally do not group history, math and science with sex education.  This is one subject that I want to teach my children myself because it is tied in with our family values and religious beliefs, and falls under my parental responsibilities of teaching my children right from wrong.  Since I am going to teach my children how and why to be morally clean, than I have no use for the world, in the form of public school, to teach my children conflicting views.

 At Zach and Darcie's high school, condoms were freely handed out to promote "safe sex", birth control options were thoroughly covered, consequences such as Aids and pregnancy were discussed, but abstinence was not even taught. The overall message was "sex is not bad, in fact it is a rite of teenage passage so just do it responsibly".

I teach my children that sex is sacred, for marriage only and given to us so we can create precious life and have a deeper connection to our spouse. My children know that there are serious consequences when they do not protect their virtue.  My husband and I set an example for our children to follow as we keep our marriage vows and are faithful to each other. Not only that, but our children know we both waited until we were married to have sex.

Just make sure that when your child is taught sex education in school, that you are there or know full well what is being taught so that you can sit down with him at home afterward and re-teach him correctly.  Don't forget that school = government = the world.  If you leave this subject up to the schools to teach, you are essentially letting the world teach your child.

Popular posts from this blog

Taking a Break

Welcome 2017!

I Just Feel Like Blogging!