Hanging In There

It's nearing the end of February and, sigh, we are still here in Canada.  Not only are we still here, but we are still living in this awkward, cramped townhouse.  It's not that we don't like living in Canada.  It's that we are in limbo at the moment, waiting to move and settle down someplace new.  We sold our house last November and put most of our belongings into storage, including all of our furniture. I miss my own bed and my kitchen table and all of my books.  I know things could be a lot worse.  I have my health, a roof over my head, my husband has a good job, my children are amazing.  I miss my son who is away at a university in the states. He is doing so well on his own and he's preparing to serve a mission.  Really, I am deeply blessed.  I know that.  It's just...... I feel restless.  Selling our house meant finding a rental and the only rentals we could find were in a neighboring city so we moved out of familiar surroundings, moved away from our friends, although we stayed in our ward boundaries.

Even my calling has changed and I miss my daily class.  Darcie misses it too.  Now we have a weekly class on Saturdays at the chapel. It's just not the same.  I wish that someone would've stepped up to the challenge of being a Seminary teacher and this whole time we could've team-taught together.  Wishful thinking on my part.  I have a testimony of the Seminary program and know that a daily class is best.  Our teens face so much every day and need that daily spiritual protection.  I hope the teens in my class are making an effort to read their scriptures at home every day.  When we do get to Panama, Darcie will have a daily class again.  Maybe I'll end up teaching it!  I wouldn't mind another Seminary calling now that I know what I'm doing.  It was intimidating at first, but now I have more confidence in my teaching abilities.  Still, I can't wait for the day I return to Primary.  I love, love, love Primary!  Primary will always be my favorite.  Ever since I was released as a Primary president (to be a Seminary teacher which no one else would be), I have subbed for Primary. Primary always needs subs!  I'm subbing tomorrow for the CTR 4 teacher.  Yay me!  Something to smile about.

I know the kids feel just as restless as I do.  Living like this feels like we're in a vacation condo without the vacation part.  Drat!  It doesn't help that it's still winter.  I wish there were someplace we could escape to, but we seem to be stuck here for the time-being, playing the waiting game.  We were hoping to make something happen this month. No such luck.  Then we thought, next month (March) for sure, but that doesn't look likely now with my husband's busy, busy work schedule.  Oh well.  We can survive!  We've made it this far.

Oh my, look at the time!  Yikes! Church is in the morning. Maybe my dreams tonight will take me someplace tropical.

Popular posts from this blog

Taking a Break

Welcome 2017!

I Just Feel Like Blogging!