A Strong Family
Some see us as a unique family also because we move around a bit. We have lived in Utah, Washington and Arizona, also Arequipa, Peru, Lima, Peru and Ontario, Canada.
If someone were to ask me what makes us such a strong, close, happy family, I would attribute the following:
1. Our faith and beliefs. We are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, which is a Christian religion that supports and values the family unit. We believe marriage doesn't have to end at death and that families can be together forever.
2. Our time together. We spend a LOT of time together, every day. We work, play, worship, eat and even school together. We go on family outings and family vacations. Sometimes the girls treat themselves to a spa night where they do their nails while watching a chick-flick together. David takes me on dates every week which keeps us close as a couple.
3. Our values. We teach our children how to be respectful, honest, considerate, compassionate, forgiving, patient and open-minded. We're not perfect by any means, but we embrace these and other values, such as virtue and service.
4. Our lifestyle. Moving around means we're far from extended family and friends so we've got to stick together. We've also chosen to homeschool in recent years and that has been a wonderful blessing, allowing us more flexibility to embrace different cultures and make life a true adventure.
5. Our love for each other. We recognize that each family member is important and contributes to our family in a way no one else could. We truly are each other's best friends.